This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
What is the difference between COW and timetotrade
COW (or iValuation as it is now known) has served the UK investment club market well for many years. Changes in trading practices, accountancy standards and technology have placed new demands on COW, which TimeToTrade aims to address. The primary objective behind the development of the TimeToTrade investment club application is to provide a suite of tools that enable investment clubs to collaborate on investment decisions and manage club affairs.
Click here for a detailed description of the TimeToTrade investment club features.
Some of the initial features associated with the TimeToTrade investment club application include, access to:
- Investment club accounting software that provides support for long positions; short positions; options; investments in UK, European and US stock exchanges; margin accounts; the generation of UK HMRC tax accounting Form 185(new); unit purchase, unit cancellation and the ability to exclude transactions from Unit Value calculations
- All members can view their investment club unit value, their percentage ownership in the club, their total subscriptions and return to date (based on 15 to 30 minute delayed data)
- All members can view performance of the clubs open position, based on 15 to 30 minute delayed price data depending on the exchange
- Different access levels can be defined for different roles in the club e.g. the ability to make changes to the club accounts can be limited to the club Treasurer and an assistance club Treasurer and can be easily transferred to another club member if so required.
- Charts for Price and Technical Analysis for UK and US stock markets
- Mobile phone, Messenger and email alerts against price and technical analysis indicators
- Unlimited telephone and email customer support
- Mobile phone / PDA access to the TimeToTrade application
- No downloads; access TimeToTrade anytime, anywhere
- Daily back ups; your TimeToTrade club settings and accounts are automatically backed up every morning before the markets open.
Please note that we are constantly working to develop and improve TimeToTrade and new features continue to be phased in all of the time. If there is a specific feature that you would like to see, please Contact Us. The following address specific questions on the topic of COW versus the TimeToTrade accounting functionality:
TimeToTrade allows the Treasurer much greater flexibility and control over the administration of their accounts, for example the treasurer can create any number of ledgers. The Treasurer decides the name for each ledger and whether or not the ledger is included in the unit value system (eg a Broker Account would be included in UVS, Petty Cash Account wouldn't be included in UVS).
COW system is denominated in pound sterling only
TimeToTrade allows the user to create different ledgers for dealing in different currencies. This is important as more and more clubs are using overseas brokerages (eg for trading US stocks not listed on LSE). So the Treasurer might create the following ledgers when setting up their accounting system:
- Co-op Bank Account (£)
- Barclays UK Broker Account (£)
- Charles Schwab US Broker Account ($)
- Petty Cash Account (£)
The Treasurer could even set up any number of Simulated Trading accounts (outside of the UVS of course!) for the club or individual members, eg
- Club Simulated Trading Account
- Emily Jones' simulated Trading Account
- Steve Harper's simulated Trading Account
COW software requires the Treasurer to manually input the latest share prices for each of the club's holdings each month
TimeToTrade automatically updates the price of all open positions for all stocks listed on the UK and US markets (including Investment Trusts and Exchange Traded Funds). The update is based on the share price at the close of trading each day. For alternative investments where we do not currently hold ticker symbols / price information (eg unit trusts) the Treasurer can manually input and update price information.
COW investment transactions are limited to buying and selling long positions
TimeToTrade supports long, short and options transactions on a cash or margin accounts.
COW expenditure options limited to 'Post/Phone' and 'Stationary/Printing' and 'other'
TimeToTrade has far greater range of expenditure options, eg software, professional fees. Let us know of any other common expenditures and we will readily add these to the menu. By increasing expenditure detail in this way TimeToTrade will be able to produce more informative Profit and Loss Accounts, so the club can more readily identify cost centres.
COW requires software to be downloaded onto the Treasurer's computer
Ideally the Treasurer will remember to backup club account data to disk at least once a month. If a new Treasurer is appointed then it is necessary to take a backup of all data held on the COW disk, install the COW software onto a new computer and download the back up disk.
TimeToTrade system is web-based and all accounts are managed on-line. As everything is online there are no time consuming software downloads or reinstalls whenever a new Treasurer is appointed. Should the treasurer be unavailable, for example on holidays, then the club administrator can re-assign the treasurers rights to another club member with having to transfer data or provide access to the club treasurers computer.
TimeToTrade back up data automatically every day, so there is no need for the Treasurer to remember.
Only the Treasurer has access to and is able to view account information on COW software, and so the Treasurer must print off accounts for each monthly meeting
TimeToTrade is all managed on-line. All registered club members are able to log-in to the club site and view their club information, see transaction histories, view open positions (with latest prices) and see their current unit valuation and total holding. In addition each club member has access to price and technical analysis charts for UK and US stocks, along with the ability to set up alerts which can be sent to email / mobile phone whenever a set of conditions are met (eg price of a stock falls / rises above a certain level).
TimeToTrade also includes a private forum feature called 'The River' which can be used by all club members as a discussion forum / message board as well as to post information on shares.
COW only works on Windows Computers
TimeToTrade has been designed to work with any computer, mobile phone or PDA that has a web browser. It has been tested on Windows, Apple and Linux operating systems, with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera web browsers.
You now have to pay to use COW/iValuation
TimeToTrade provide a range of free services supported by advertising and paid for upgrades to additional services. For example TimeToTrade's basic investment club account management product is offered free to all investment clubs with the option to upgrade for additional features such as the tax utility or the text alert service to notify you when when price, volume and technical analysis conditions are met.
Click here for a detailed description of the TimeToTrade investment club features.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is 1st Floor, Aldermary House, 10-15 Queen Street, London, EC4N 1TX. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.