This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Thinking strategically - What Investment
The following extract is taken from the "Thinking strategically" article, published in What Investment's Essential Guide To Trading Strategies - June 2010. As ever many thanks to Jenny Lowe, Deputy Editor who wrote the piece - which reminds investors why forming a strategy could go a long way in helping to preserve capital.
...some investors that have already been trading for some time will be looking for something more. Technical analysis is the statistical study of a security's price movement through the use of charts. Investors look for patterns on charts to help determine a security's future performance and exploit this information to make money while avoid losses.
This strategy has become increasingly popular over the past several years, as more and more people believe that the historical performance of foreign exchange, stocks or future is a strong indication of future performance - therefore becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Timetorade's Strategy Builder enables traders to easily develop a technical trading strategy concept, then back test, optimise and simulate trades in a live test environment, before deploying the strategy through their live broker account.
Traders can create and analyse anything from a simple Bollinger Band or MACD crossover strategy to complex strategies combining a variety of technical indicators and candlestick price patterns. For example, you could set up a strategy that will analyse how you would have performed over the past ten years had you bought whenever price falls below a lower Bollinger Band followed by RSI rising above 30 and sold whenever price rises above the upper Bollinger Band.
This effectively gives investors access to the tools that have traditionally been the preserve of institutional fund manager and their teams of programmers.
But what you must bear in mind, whether you are a first-time trader or one that has been practising for decades, is the importance of research and back-testing, or you will lose money.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is 1st Floor, Aldermary House, 10-15 Queen Street, London, EC4N 1TX. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.