This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Standard Form of Agreement
All clubs should be invited to adopt the standard form of agreement when they become known to their local tax office and the HMRC should provide any assistance necessary in explaining the terms of the agreement. However, the HMRC cannot compel clubs to adopt the agreement and clubs can decide not to do so. If a club decides not to adopt the Standard Form of Agreement, it should be pointed out to the club's officers that:
- each member will have to show on his or her annual tax return their share of any gains arising on the disposal of the club's investments, and of any income derived from the investments
- the person(s) in whose name(s) the club's investments are held may be required to make a return under TMA70/S24
- the treasurer or other officer who handles the club's money may be required to make a return under TMA70/S13
UK HMRC Standard Form of Agreement (as defined by the HMRC)
Arrangement For Assessment Of Capital Gains
1. In the following paragraphs, “holding” means the proportionate share of the assets of the Club owned by a Member.
2. For each year ended 5 April, the Secretary (or the responsible officer) of the Club shall compute the net gains or net losses (by deducting allowable losses from gains) accruing from all disposals of investments (“capital gains”).
3. On or before 6 June in each year, the Secretary (or other responsible officer) shall deliver to their local Tax Office a return (on HMRC form 185(New)) of the net gains or losses of each Member and other particulars necessary for the proper assessment of gains.
4. Any gain or loss so reported in respect of a Member shall be included in the computation of the gains of the Member for the appropriate year and shall be deemed to arise from an asset separate from any other asset owned by the Member in the year.
5. Gains or losses accruing on disposals of investments by the Club shall be allocated to Members by reference to their respective holdings and in accordance with the rules of the Club.
6. The consideration for disposals made by the Club shall be allocated to Members on the same basis as in 5 above. (Members need this information for Tax Return purposes. The Return requires taxpayers to know whether in any year they made gains in excess of the capital gains annual exempt amount for that year and whether they disposed of assets – excluding their principal private residence –worth in total more than twice the annual exempt amount for that year.)
7. When a Member disposes of the whole of his holding, his chargeable gain or allowable loss shall be computed as follows:-
a. From the amount receivable on disposal there shall be deducted as “allowable expenditure” the total of –
i. The total of his subscriptions in acquisition of or additions to his holding; and
ii. The total of –
A. The interest (net after deduction of income tax) and dividends (before the addition of tax credit) allocated to him from time to time, and
B. The net capital gains allocated to him from time to time (net losses will be a deduction from the total).
to the extent that the amounts under A and B have not been distributed.
b When a Member disposes of a part of his holding, there shall be a deduction of a corresponding proportion of the “allowable expenditure”.
c. For disposals on or after 6 April 1982 indexation allowance may be due in respect of the “allowable expenditure”, the relevant date for items within (ii) being the date of allocation to the Member.
8. Where at any time a Club makes a distribution to Members in proportion to their holdings specifically out of accumulated income and gains, the distribution shall not be treated as a part disposal but the “total” referred to in paragraph 7a. ii. in respect of each Member shall be reduced by the amount of the distribution made to him.
9. Where the rules of the Club allow a Member to withdraw income or gains, any withdrawal so permitted may be treated as a reduction of the “total” referred to in paragraph 7a. ii. of the Member and not as a part disposal of his holding to the extent that it does not exceed the undrawn income or gains which have been credited to the Member in the 3 years ended 5 April next before the date of the withdrawal.
To: HM INSPECTOR OF TAXES #1
I, being the……………………..….….#2 of the …………………..…….….#3 Investment Club, agree on behalf of the Club to accept the terms of this “Arrangement For Assessment Of Capital Gains” accruing to the Club and enclose a copy (certified by the Chairman of the Meeting) of the minutes of the Club authorising me to do so.
The Club membership numbers…….……(insert the total number of club members)
- #1 Insert the name of the local Tax Office
- #2 State here your status (e.g. Secretary or Treasurer)
- #3 Insert the name of the investment club
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.