This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Return of Capital Melrose January 2014
Under the Melrose plc Return of Capital and associated Share Capital Consolidation, Shareholders will receive:
- One B Share or one C Share for every Existing Ordinary Share held on the B/C Share Record Date; and
- 11 New Ordinary Shares for every 13 Existing Ordinary Shares held on the Share Capital Consolidation Record Date.
For more information see: http://www.melroseplc.net/media/news-releases/2014/proposed-return-of-capital-to-shareholders/
Shareholders will have three alternatives in relation to their B/C Share Entitlement. The following explains how to use timetotrade to enter the Capital Gains option and not the Income option. If the Income option is selected, the enter the share consolidation on the existing shares only and then enter the return of capital as a dividend.
Go to your timetotrade portfolio and click on the 'share reorganisation' as illustrated:
Enter the date of the Share Reorganisation which was the 7th of February 2014 in this example:
Select Melrose from the list of shares (MRO.L), then click on the 'submit' button:
Select 'Capital Reorganisation' from the list of options, then click on the 'submit' button:
Enter the details for the 11:13 share consolidation of the existing shares, and the new B or C shares that have been issued. On the date of the reorganisation the Melrose shares where worth £3.48 and the B/C shares where valued at 47 pence, and these prices are used to apportion the cost between the shares after the reorganisation. In this example a return of cash to the value of £1.50 has been included to reflect the disposal of fractional shares, which may or may not be applicable. Please ask your broker to confirm the value of the shares on the date of the reorganisation in order to correctly apportion cost, and change the £3.48 to the value the broker provides.
When the share reorganisation has been entered, the existing share holding will be adjusted and the new shares added:
When the B/C shares are disposed off, enter them as a normal share transaction.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.