This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Investment Club Goals & Education
Before your Investment Club is formed it is first recommended that you establish what everyone's aims and objectives are for the club, including: financial goals, an investment strategy and a method of developing an improved understanding of the stock market and investment products that are available.
For your club to be a success it is important that all members are singing from the same sheet. If members have differing objectives it will likely lead to discord at a later date. You should look to establish the following from outset:
- How long will the club run for? The investments you make and strategies you employ will of necessity be different if members are expecting to wind up the club and withdraw funds after a couple of years compared to a ten year savings program.
- How much risk is everyone prepared to take? Some clubs are used for the wildly speculative investments that their individual members would never dream of making with their personal portfolios; some clubs will take a much more cautious approach to their investments; whereas others will be a combination: running speculative, cautious, medium and long term portfolios at the same time.
- How much work / time is everyone prepared to commit to the club each month? It is important that everyone reaches an agreement and understands how much time each individiual member will dedicate to the club each month, otherwise members can have wildly differing expectations which will inevitably lead to frustrations down the line.
- What is each member hoping to gain from being part of the club? Are they hoping to learn, share knowledge, speculate or save, or are they really only interested in the social aspect? The majority of clubs are set up as a platform to learn about investing in the stock market. If learning is the over-riding objective of your club's members, you need to reach an agreement as to how this will be achieved. Will you each attend structured training courses? Will members commit to reading educational material or sharing their knowledge, for example each member agree to present on a new investment-related topic at least once a year?
As you can imagine, the member who is using the club as a serious long term savings vehicle and who spends several hours a month researching stocks, diligently learning about new strategies and sharing that knowledge, will likely and justifably come to resent the member who does no research and just turns up for a pint each month!
Clear up these issues at outset and you are well on your way to establishing a happy and successful club that will run for many years!
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.