This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
If you own shares that have become worthless as a result of this years credit crunch - such as the likes of Northern Rock, B&B and Woolworths, then you may be able to make a Negligible Value claim on these shares. By doing so you can offset the loss made as a result of the Negligible Value claim, and set it against other gains you make this year or carry it forward for future years.
So how do you go about doing this? Firstly check out the Negligible Value liston HMRC website to see if shares you own have been listed and officially declared of negligible value for the purposes of making a claim. An asset is of negligible value if it is worth next to nothing. Shareholders of the now Nationalised Northern Rock have their own HMRC Northern Rock Q&A guide for these claims. If a share or security does not appear on the list, this does not necessarily mean that the HMRC will not accept the claim. It could be that a negligible value claim has not been previously considered.
Assets that you own that have become of negligible value, are treated as though you had sold the asset and immediately reacquired it at the time the claim was made for an amount equal to its value, which should be specified in the claim. You must still own the asset when you make the claim and that the asset must have become of negligible value, while you owned it.
When you make a negligible value claim you may specify an earlier time falling in the two previous tax years at which the deemed disposal should be treated as occurring. All the necessary conditions for the claim have to be met at that earlier time as well as at the time you make the claim.
If you make a negligible value claim during the tax year 2007–08, any loss resulting from the deemed disposal will arise in that year, unless you claim to be treated as if you had sold the asset at a time falling in 2005–06 or 2006–07.
If you want to claim a loss for 2007–08, you must write to your local tax office giving details of the negligible value claim and your calculations of the capital loss resulting from the deemed disposal of the asset. Alternatively, you may make a negligible value claim during 2007–08, before you make a loss claim by sending the details to the HMRC. Your claim will then be referred to the Shares and Assets Valuation Office if considered appropriate.
Negligible Value Resources.
- Shares of negligible value
- Negligible Value agreements to 31 October 2008
- Negligible value claims and income tax losses on disposals of shares you have subscriber for in qualifying trading companies
- Northern Rock plc Q&A
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.