This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Demerger Provexis & Science In Sport
One Science in Sport Ordinary Share was issued for every one hundred Provexis Ordinary Shares, with fractional entitlements to a Science in Sport Ordinary Shares rounded up to the nearest whole number. The Demerger became effective on the 9th August 2013 and Provexis offered the Science in Sport shares at 56 pence each. The close price of Provexis on the date of the demerger was 1.10 pence and Provexis Shareholders will continue to own their existing Provexis Ordinary Shares.
Some background information on the Provexis demerger:
Timetotrade accounting and taxation product can be used to calculate the cost apportioned to the Provexis and Science in Sport after the demerger and the resulting UK HMRC Tax Liabilities upon the disposal of the shares. To learn more about how to enter demergers into timetotrade and how the apportioned cost of each share is calculated, see:
For this example, it will be assumed that 99,550 Provexis shares where purchased on the 1st of January 2013 for 1.5 pence. The Provexis share transactions have been entered into timetotrade as per the following screen shot:
To enter the Share Reorganisation, click on the 'share reorganisation' button below the 'Open Positions'. Set the date to the 9th August 2013, which is when the reorganisation occurred:
Click on the 'submit' button then select Provexis from the list of open positions on that date:
Click on the 'submit' button, then select 'Demerger' from the drop down menu:
Click on the 'submit' button then enter the Provexis share reorganisation details where:
- Share Issue Ratio is 1 : 1 as the original Provexis share holding remains the same after the demerger
- The share 'issue price' was the closing price of the Provexis shares on the 9th August 2013, which was £0.011 (1.1 pence)
- There was no cash received
Click on the 'add another' button to enter the Science in Sport details where:
- Enter the number of shares received by rounding up the number of shares held in Provexis divided by 100 e.g. 99,550 / 100 = roundup(995.5) = 996
- Science in Sport share issue price on the 9th of August 2013 was £0.56 (56 pence)
Click on the 'submit' button to process the Demerger. Note that the cost is apportioned between the Provexis and Science in Sport share holding:
The correct costs will now be apportioned when using timetotrade to Generate UK HMRC SA108 or Investment Club Tax Return Form 185.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.