This is the timetotrade help wiki. Use the timetotrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club. Create a FREE account today.
Create Trading Competitions
Forex and Share Trading Trading Contests can be created for up to 20 entrants.
To create a competition click on the Create Competition navigation link as illustrated:
The 'Create Competition' tab displays Active and Paused Competitions. Only 'Active' competitions are displayed on the competition entry screen.
When creating a Trading Contest, the following competition fields can be set:
- Type of Competition:
- European Shares (Real Time BATS Price Data)
- US Shares (15 minute delayed US Price Data)
- Forex (Real Time Forex Price Data)
- Competition Title
- Competition Start Date
- Competition End Date
- Entry Open Date: entrants can not enter the competition until this date
- Entry Close Date: entrants can not enter the competition after this date
- Starting Cash Balance
- Competition Currency
- Margin: only applicable on Forex competitions
- Commission: fixed price for share competitions e.g. £12.50 or $10 and based on the lot size for Forex Competitions
- Stamp Duty: primarily used for UK competitions where 0.5% Stamp Duty taxation is applied to purchases
- Minimum Price: primarily used to prevent entrants trading penny shares
- Maximum Trades per Day
- Maximum Trades per Symbol per Day
- Maximum Trades per Competition
- Maximum Position Size based on the percentage size of the Portfolio
- Credit / Debit Interest: interest applied to cash on deposit over margined positions
- Short Shares: enables or disables the shorting in share competitions.
If creating trading competitions using delayed US data, then it is recommended that the 'Maximum Trades per Symbol per Day' is restricted to one.
To learn more about how to create and manage competitions, please view the interactive help by clicking on the blue question mark on the top right beside the tabs as illustrated:
Please note that a competition has to be stopped first before it can be deleted. To delete a stopped competition, click on the check box beside the stopped competition, then click on the 'deleted selected competitions' button.
Splits and consolidations are automatically added to competitions, however it can take a period of time for the information to become available on the price feed. In addition the price feed does not always have the information for some markets. If there is a share reorganisation event for a competition symbol, please contact us to have the competition transactions updated. Should you contact us, please specific the symbol that had the share reorganisation.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
Timetotrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE timetotrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology™ - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today and get the Pro Package for FREE - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by Mercor Index Ltd. TimeToTrade is a trading name of Mercor Index Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is 34-36 St Georges Road, Brighton, BN2 1ED. Mercor Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by Mercor Index Ltd are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.