This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
You can use TimeToTrade to Spread Bet or Trade Shares. To apply for a trading account click here.
The following is a user guide on how to execute Spread Bet trades on TimeToTrade, manage open orders and view related open position information. Please go to the Trigger Trading Technology ® page for help on how to create alerts and execute trades when chart conditions are met.
To execute a trade either select your Spread Bet trading account from the TRADE navigation menu:
or use the PORTFOLIO ACCOUNTS navigation:
or click on the 'Trade' tab when viewing your Spread Bet trading account:
or click on the chart icon where open positions are displayed:
This will open a chart with the 'Trade' tab selected. Search for the market you want to trade by entering the name of the market in the search box e.g. type 'GBP' to find related markets. When the search results are displayed, select the market you want to trade by clicking on a row in the search results:
Click on the 'Settings' down arrow above the deal ticket to display the trading features that can be enabled or disabled by ticking or unticking the related check boxes:
The trading feature choices are:
- Once Click Trading - If checked you will not be prompted to confirm your order after clicking on the 'Send Order' button.
- Save Default Trade Values - If checked the deal ticket values that you enter for the selected market will be saved after the trade is executed. This can be useful when actively buy and selling using the same take profit and stop loss values for a selected market. The default values are saved against the selected market and are not common to all markets.
- Trade History On Chart - If checked the historical trades will be displayed on the chart with arrows representing the price and time the trade was executed at.
- Audible Ticks - If checked an audible sound will be played when the market ticks.
The following sections describe the deal ticket choices available. Please note that the deal ticket choices vary depending on the underlying exchange or liquidity provider.
How To Create Trade Order
To create an order, enter the trade details in the deal ticket on the Trade tab.
The 'Price Tickers' at the top of the deal tick display the current bid and ask if available.
On the Trade Deal Ticket, "select an order type", and note that not all order types are available for all markets. The order type choices are:
- Buy At Ask - An order to buy at the best ask price available on the market.
- Sell At Bid - An order to sell at the best bid price available on the market.
- Buy at a Limit - An order to buy if the ask price falls below the price specified. This can be set to the current ask price by clicking on the 'Buy at' price ticker.
- Sell at a Limit - An order to sell if the bid price rises above the price specified. This can be set to the current bid price by clicking on the 'Sell at' price ticker.
- Buy at a Stop - An order to buy if the ask price rises above the price specified. This can be used to buy if the price breaks above a Resistance Level.
- Sell at a Stop - An order to sell if the bid price falls below the price specified.
- Close position at Bid or Ask - An order to sell at the best bid price available on the market, whereby the quantity will be set based on the existing open position quantity.
Trade Off The Chart
The price associated with orders can be adjusted using the 'Trade Off The Chart' functionality. Drag the 'Trade Off The Chart' lines to adjust the order price, by holding down the mouse button when hovering over the order line or label on the chart.
Click on the "+" arrows or "x" circles on the 'Trade Off The Chart' price labels to add or remove Take Profit and Stop Loss orders:
For more information see the Trade Off The Chart feature overview.
Bet Per Point
The Bet Per Point field will be displayed if the 'Close position at Bid or Ask' order type is not selected. Enter the Bet Per Point value, which is in the Spread Bet trading account currency e.g. £5 bet per point:
Take Profit and Stop Loss
You can add Take Profit and Stop Loss orders to opening trades. Use the drop down menu to add, remove or edit Take Profit or Stop Loss orders, or use the Trade Off The Chart functionality:
The Take Profit and Stop Loss orders are sent to the market when the opening order is filled or partially filled i.e. Order Sends Order. If there is a partial fill, then the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders will be sent with the partial fill quantity.
If the Take Profit order is filled, the Stop Loss order will be cancelled and vice versa if the Stop Loss order is filled i.e. Order Cancels Order. If the Take Profit is partially filled, the Stop Loss order quantity will be reduced accordingly and vice versa if the Stop Loss is partially filled.
If you intend to create Take Profit or Stop Loss orders, it is good practice to add them to the opening order, rather than creating individual orders. Doing so removes the need to manually cancelled unconnected orders after the open position is closed, for example, if you opened a position, then created an order to "Sell at a Limit" and another unconnected order to "Sell at a Stop", if the Stop filled, you would have to manually cancel the Limit order. In addition, if the Stop partially filled, you would have to adjust the quantity of the Limit order. If you forget to cancel the unconnected orders after the position is closed, it could result in executing a trade that you had not planned. By linking the Take Profit and Stop Loss to the opening order, if the Stop fills, then the Take Profit is cancelled; if the Stop is partially filled, then the Take Profit quantity is reduced accordingly and vice versa. If another trade is executed to close the position, Take Profit or Stop Loss orders that are associated with the matched opening order are cancelled.
When creating Take Profit and Stop Loss orders, the orders can be based on:
- Price Level - Enter the price that the Take Profit or Stop Loss should be placed at e.g. 1.2905 to Take Profit at 1.2905 on GBPUSD
- Price Change - Enter the Take Profit or Stop Loss offset in terms of price e.g. 0.0020 for 20 points (pips) on the GBPUSD. The value entered is added to or subtracted from the fill price of the opening order to create the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders.
- % Change - Enter the Take Profit or Stop Loss offset in terms of percentage change in the price e.g. 3 for 3%. The value entered is used to calculate the price that is added to or subtracted from the fill price of the opening order, to create the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders.
- Points Change - Enter the Take Profit or Stop Loss offset in terms of Points e.g. 20 which is 0.0020 on GBPUSD. The value entered is used to calculate the price that is added to or subtracted from the fill price of the opening order, to create the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders. The point size varies for each market, and you can check how much one point represents by setting the Take Profit or Stop Loss to 1 Points Change.
The Price Level order is useful for aligning Take Profit and Stop Loss orders with known points of support and resistance. The Change order types are useful for creating orders with pre-determined win-loss ratios.
It should be noted that if the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders are placed too closely, it is possible that during periods of high volatility both orders can be filled before order cancellations are processed by the exchange or liquidity providers. Should this occur a corrective trade will be automatically executed as short positions are not permitted.
Select how long you would like the order to remain active:
The order expiration options are:
- until cancelled - The order will remain active until you cancel it.
- for today only - The order will remain active for the current trading trade. If the order has not been executed at the end of the trading day, it will be cancelled.
- immediately (fully filling) - The order must be filled immediately at the bid or ask price or rejected.
- until the date - The order will remain active until midnight (UTC) on the entered date.
When the order has been created, click on the 'Send Order' button to send the order for execution. If the 'One Click Trading' feature is not enabled, a confirmation window will appear:
Orders are validated before being sent for execution. If you do not have enough funds the order will be rejected. To fully utilise available cash, use 'limit' orders. All orders will remain on the market until they are filled, cancelled or expired.
View Open Positions
The "Open Positions" section displays current open positions and related Profit & Losses excluding taxes and commissions. To view the net profit and loss after taxes and commissions view the Portfolio Account screen. When viewing all open positions, click on the name of the market displayed in the list of open positions to trade the selected market and see related charting information.
The Open Positions can be filtered to only display the open position for the current market displayed on the chart, by ticking the 'Only show positions for this symbol" check box.
To view more detailed information on the position, click on the arrow to the right of the positions. The Position Analysis will display the orders that contribute towards the current open position. To close the position when viewing the positions analysis, click on the 'Close Long Position' button:
When viewing the position, Take Profit and Stop Loss can be changed by dragging them on the chart with your mouse. In addition, they can be added to or removed from existing open positions by clicking on the '+' arrow or 'x' circle on the order labels displayed on the chart:
Note that if you have multiple positions contributing to the open position, Take Profit and Stop Loss orders will have to be edited for each position. After editing the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders, click on the 'Save Changes To Orders' button.
If a position has a Take Profit or Stop Loss order already associated with it, performance metrics will be displayed, including a bar that represents the current profit or loss relative to the position of the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders:
To exit the position analysis display, without saving any changes made, click on the back arrow in the header:
Manage Existing Orders
To view, add, remove or edit filled or pending orders using a deal ticket that allows for more flexibility than the Position Analysis tools, mouse over or click on the orders in the 'Order Management' section:
If the order is not filled, the opening order and any related Take Profit and Stop Loss orders can be edited using the Edit Order deal ticket, or using the Trade Of The Chart features:
If the opening order has been filled, then Take Profit or Stop Loss orders can be added, removed or changed. This can be via the Edit Order deal ticket, or using the Trade Of The Chart features:
Adding Take Profit and Stop Losses to an existing open position utilises the Order Cancels Order functionality discussed above. In doing so, if one side of the Take Profit or Stop Loss fills, the other will be cancelled, and if a closing order is matched against the opening order with the Take Profit and Stop Loss orders, the related Take Profit and Stop Loss orders will be cancelled.
To save changes after editing click on the 'Save Changes To Orders' button, or click on the back arrow on the Edit Order header, as per the position analysis section.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.
TimeToTrade is a Sensatus product.