This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Timetotrade launches Strategy Builder – a strategy development tool for traders and investors
The new timetotrade strategy development tool enables traders to develop, back-test, optimise and simulate trades before risking capital on the markets and can be accessed at www.timetotrade.eu
Every successful trader has a strategy: a disciplined set of rules which they use to enter and exit trades. Their strategies are thoroughly back-tested against historic price data and forward tested in real time before any capital is risked. Unfortunately, far too many traders don’t back-test their strategies because of the time, expense, and programming expertise required to use existing back-testing solutions. As a consequence traders end up losing money as they set about developing and refining their systems in a live trading account.
Timetotrade’s Strategy Builder enables traders to easily develop a technical trading strategy concept, then back test, optimise and simulate trade it in a live test environment, before deploying the strategy through their live broker account. All of this is done through a simple to use “point and click” interface. No programming is required.
Traders can create and analyse anything from a simple Bollinger Band or MACD crossover strategy to complex strategies combining a variety of technical indicators and candle stick price patterns. For example, you could set up a strategy that will analyse how you would have performed over the last ten years had you bought whenever price falls below a lower Bollinger band followed by RSI rising above 30 and sold whenever price rises above the upper Bollinger band.
The system allows traders to quickly identify and eliminate under-performing trading strategies. If a trading strategy didn’t perform well in the past, it’s unlikely to make money in the future. Importantly the system allows traders to test strategies over different time frames and market conditions, and includes tools that help to optimise stop loss and limit order values. Whilst a strategy might work perfectly in a side trending market, it could prove disastrous in a bull or bear market! This can be addressed by combining trending indicators with strength indicators, so that your strategy always adapts to the ever changing market conditions.
The first release of timetotrade's new Strategy Builder includes support for:
- Trendline and technical analysis trading strategies: Stochastic, RSI, Bollinger Bands, MACD, Moving Averages, Exponential Moving Average, TSI and Williams %R
- Multi-indicator & multiple condition strategies: positive / negative cross-over; rising / falling threshold; break-out / pull-back triggers
- Customisable indicator intervals, periods and parameters for different trading strategies
- Risk Management – risk / reward calculator compares the returns of an investment to the amount of risk taken to achieve that return
- Drawdown Calculator – calculates the maximum loss a trader can expect to sustain.
- Stop Loss and Limit Optimiser – the system will analyse the back-test results and suggest where to set your stop losses and limits to maximise profits and reduce losses.
- Position logic that controls when trades are executed based on whether you are long, short or have no position
- Event logic that activates and pauses trading rules as the market conditions change
- Strategies can be back tested against up to ten years of historic price data for : Forex, UK and US Stocks
- Strategies can then be simulated in real time using timetotrade’s Algo-Trading Simulator.
Dary McGovern, Managing Director of timetotrade commented “timetotrade’s Strategy Builder gives investors access to the tools that have traditionally been the preserve of the institutional fund managers and their teams of programmers. Rather than risk their own money in a live trading account, traders can now test and enhance their strategies in an entirely risk free environment. Ultimately the tools enable accelerated learning and a quick route to profitability”.
ABOUT TECHNICAL ANALYSIS Technical analysis is the statistical study of a security's price movement through the use of charts. Investors look for patterns on charts to help determine a security's future performance and exploit this information to make money whilst avoiding losses. Technical analysis has become increasingly popular over the past several years, as more and more people believe that the historical performance of foreign exchange, stocks or futures is a strong indication of future performance; therefore becoming a self fulfilling prophecy..
ABOUT TIMETOTRADE Timetotrade is the financial technology company who develop online portfolio management, capital gains tax and technical analysis charting, alerting and strategy development tools for private stock market investors and investment clubs.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.