This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Investors tackle surge in mergers and rights issues with timetotrade
New timetotrade Share Reorganisation Calculator helps UK investors to model the impact of share reorganisations such as mergers, rights issues and takeovers - and their resulting tax implications.
There has been a surge in share reorganisations this year as companies take radical steps to survive the current liquidity crisis and inject fresh capital onto their balance sheets through mergers, rights issues and open offers. But what does this mean for investors who own shares in these companies?
Shareholders not only need to assess the immediate impact the reorganisations will have on their portfolio (and their purse), but also ensure they correctly account for the reorganisation transactions in their portfolios in order to calculate future tax liabilities. These calculations can be particularly onerous if the reorganisation includes the issue of a second class of share or cash payment.
Help is at hand, timetotrade has added a new share reorganisation calculator to its Portfolio and Tax Management tools, which enables investors to model the impact of: rights issues, takeovers, mergers, open offers, share splits, capital reorganisations, scrip issues, and spin-offs. The tool can be found at http://www.timetotrade.eu
Investors can use the timetotrade share reorganisation calculator to work out:
- How much additional expenditure is required to take up the prospective share reorganisations such as rights issues or open offers.
- The costs that need to be apportioned if the reorganisation involves the issue of a second class of share or cash payment.
- The tax liabilities associated with the disposal of any shares that have been impacted by the share reorganisation
In the first half of 2008 companies raised $96bn(*) in Europe through rights issues, whilst expenditure on mergers and acquisitions by UK companies rose from £4.3bn(**) in the first quarter of 2008 to £8.7bn in the second quarter of this year. The complicated nature of share re-organisations can leave investors perplexed. Dary McGovern MD of timetotrade says, “With the cost of debt so high, companies are exploring all manner of alternatives to pull in new capital. Which is all well, but for the investors who have to work out how their portfolio and tax liabilities will be affected - it can be incredibly confusing. This is where timetotrade can help out.”
What is a Share Reorganisation?
A Share Reorganisation is a general term used to describe a range of share transactions that include:
- Share Splits & Consolidations
- Scrip, Bonus & Capitalisation Issues
- Right Issues & Open Offers
- Scrip Dividends
- Capital Reorganisation Issues
- Take-overs & Mergers
- Spin-offs & De-mergers
(*) Thomson Reuters (**) Office for National Statistics
Sensatus is the financial technology company behind the timetotrade.eu website – an online portfolio management, capital gains tax and technical analysis alerting tool for private stock market investors and investment clubs.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.