This is the timetotrade help wiki. Use the timetotrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club. Create a FREE account today.
Backtest Trading Strategies
Develop your Trading Strategy
Use the Trigger Trading Technology™ to create alerts and alert based trades.
Backtest the alerts or trading strategy to refine the timing of your entry and exit trades:
Backtest Your Trading Strategy
Select the alerts that you want to backtest, set the date range, commission, slippage, margin and taxation value where applicable and backtest your trading strategy:
View Historical Trades on the Chart
The opening and closing trades will be displayed on the chart, with 'up' arrows used to identify 'buying' and 'down' arrows representing 'selling' trades. The grey arrows represent opening trades; green arrows are successful closing trades; blue arrows arrows are loss making trades.
Backtest alerts, without any trades associated with them, to help refine the timing of your entry and exit rules. A yellow dot on the chart indicators when the alerts trigger and hovering over the yellow dots provides additional information such as the alert that generated it:
Analyse Historical Trades
The backtest results tab in the tearaway will display the backtest trades, related win loss analysis and performance analysis. The blue graph in the top right corner represents the profit over time:
Optimise Stops & Limits
The backtest analysis tab on the tearaway provides a detailed analysis of the trades and related take profit and stop losses. The first bar graph shows the profit per trade with information on the frequency of the winning and loosing trades and an analysis of the average time it took for winning and losing trades. The second bar chart represents the maximum profit that could have been achieved for each trade. In addition it calculates the average high and the standard deviation of those highs. The standard deviation means that approximately 95% of trades are within the quoted value. The third bar represent the same information but this time looking at the stop loss values.
Minutes, Hours and Daily data to backtest against
The following data sets are currently available for back-testing:
Back Test Forum Discussions
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
Timetotrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE timetotrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology™ - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today and get the Pro Package for FREE - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by Mercor Index Ltd. TimeToTrade is a trading name of Mercor Index Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is 34-36 St Georges Road, Brighton, BN2 1ED. Mercor Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by Mercor Index Ltd are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.