This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Apportioning Ownership within an Investment Club
One method of keeping track of members' proportionate share of an Investment Club's income and gains is a system based on Equal Ownership, whereby each club member contributes an equal amount on a fixed date each month. The primary benefit of using an Equal Ownership system, is simplicity.
However, using the Equal Share Ownership scheme to account for ownership becomes a challenge if a club member:
- misses a monthly payment
- makes a late payment
- needs to withdraw money
- wishes to increase or decrease their monthly contribution
- is new and cannot afford to pay the historical monthly subscriptions that have been paid by legacy club members
To get around these problems, the majority of investment clubs implement a Unit Valuation System (UVS) to apportion ownership between Investment Club members. The Unit Valuation System enables club members to make flexible monthly subscriptions (contributions) and withdrawals through the process of purchasing and cancelling units. As a performance metric the Unit Valuation System's strength lies in the ability to apportion ownership at any point in time, as club members buy and sell units through making subscriptions and withdrawals.
The primary benefit of using a Unit Valuation System is flexibility to make varying subscriptions at any point in time. The UVS approach addresses the short comings of the Equal Ownership system, however a potential consideration when adopting a UVS approach is voting rights, as members with a larger holdings may require additional voting rights on investment decisions. Some clubs choose to base investing voting rights on unit ownership, however for none investment decisions each club member has an equal vote.
Using timetotrade Treasurers can manage either Equal Ownership or Unit Valuation Systems, and then generate the necessary reports for investment club meetings.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.