This is the TimeToTrade help wiki. Use the TimeToTrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club.
Investors Make the Trend their Friend as Timetotrade Launch Trend Line Alerts
New Trend Line Alerting tool helps investors and technical traders ride market trends. timetotrade's trend line alerts track real time movements of shares, foreign exchange pairs, indices and ETFs. When price breaks out above or below a defined trendline investors receive alerts to their mobile phone, email and instant messenger - so there is no need to miss another trading opportunity.
Throughout history, whether it's stocks or forex, commodities or indices, we see that the financial markets are ruled by trendlines. Today timetotrade has launched "Trend Line Alerts" an exciting new charting tool for private investors which watches the market for you. The tool's "Point-and-Click" alert system is intuitive and easy to use. Investors simply select their chart (stocks, forex, indices and ETFs), draw their trendline and click an alert button. And that's it. timetotrade then monitors the charts letting investors know the instant price crosses the trend line.
And for technical traders, the trendline alerts can be combined with a variety of technical indicators to create compound rules to give you a truly powerful edge on the market. For example, you can set up an alert to notify you when the price hits a trendline followed by the stochastic moving above 20 and a MACD crossover.
The web-based charting package allows investors to draw any number of wedges, channels and support and resistance levels for shares, forex, market indices and ETFs. Whether it takes an hour, day, week or year in to the future - investors will be notified the minute their alert triggers.
Alerts can be sent by email, instant messenger or SMS text to their mobile - so there is no need to miss a trading opportunity or to get caught out by the market again.
As the timetotrade platform is web-based, there is no software to download which means it can be accessed from any computer or web enabled device (including i-phone or blackberry). Investors can monitor up to 5 alerts at any time for free, or subscribe to timetotrade's Active package for 100 alerts (£9.99 per month) or the Pro package for unlimited alerts (£19.99 per month).
The first release of timetotrade's new Trend Line Charting and Alerting tool includes support for:
- Trend Line Alerts: when price crosses support, resistance or trendline channels
- Technical Analysis Alerts: Popular indicators - Stochastic, RSI, Bollinger Bands, MACD, Moving Averages, Exponential Moving Average, TSI and Williams %R
- Multiple condition triggers: positive / negative cross-over; rising / falling threshold; break-out / pull-back triggers
- Customisable indicator intervals, periods and parameters for different trading strategies
- Instant alerts to email, mobile phone SMS, or instant messenger
- Real time quotes for UK, US and European Shares and major currency pairs and precious metals EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD
Dary McGovern, Managing Director of timetotrade commented "Whether you're looking to buy into rising uptrends, or to sell short the market to the downside, trend lines give important visual clues about the direction price is moving. Timetotrade's trendline and technical analysis alerts mean you never have to miss that breakout, or take another loss just because you weren't sat in front of your computer. Ultimately, they keep you ahead of the curve and help you make more money."
About Trend Lines
Trend lines are one of the most simple and widely used tools of technical analysis to help followers judge entry and exit timing. The basic principle is that investors can make profits from riding chart trends to higher highs or lower lows. To quote Jesse Livermore, one of the most successful traders of all time, "Successful traders always follow the line of least resistance. Follow the trend. The trend is your friend." And time and again, we see his famous words hold true. For example, if we look at a chart of the Google (GOOG), the moment Google broke below its bullish trend channel back in February 2008 (see attached image) gave an indication that all was not well, and provided a warning to traders to liquidate their positions.
Trend lines are formed when you can draw a horizontal line between two or more price pivot points. Two common types of trend line are Support and Resistance. Support is the level at which buyers control the prices to prevent them from falling and resistance is the level at which when sellers control the prices and prevent them from rising higher. Resistance can become a support if the price of the equity increases above the resistance level; similarly a support level can become a resistance level if the price of the equity falls below the resistance level.
Trend lines are used in many ways by traders. If a stock price is moving between support and resistance trendlines, then a basic strategy commonly used by traders, is to buy a stock at support and sell at resistance, then short at resistance and cover the short at support. The logic being that when the price returns to an existing trendline it may be an opportunity to open new positions in the direction of the trend, in the belief that the trendline will hold and the trend will continue further.
How to use Trend Line Alerts
Watch our video and find out how to use timetotrade Trend Line Alerts click here.
About Technical Analysis
Technical analysis is the statistical study of a security's price movement through the use of charts. Investors look for patterns on charts to help determine a security's future performance and exploit this information to make money whilst avoiding losses. Technical analysis has become increasingly popular over the past several years, as more and more people believe that the historical performance of foreign exchange, stocks or futures is a strong indication of future performance; therefore becoming a self fulfilling prophecy..
timetotrade is a financial technology company who develop online trading tools for private stock market investors, forex traders and investment clubs.
- Support Level
- Resistance Level
- Trend Line Alert
- Intra-day trendline trading strategies on the GBPUSD Forex pair
- First ever trend line alert from timetotrade test centre
- Follow timetotrade Trend Line Trading Strategies on Twitter
- Start creating your own Trend Line Alerts: Click here >>
- timetotrade Main Press Release for Launch of Timetotrade Trend Line Alerts
- Investors Make the Trend their Friend as Timetotrade Launch Trend Line Alerts
Victoria Madden, Marketing Director, Sensatus
timetotrade Trend Line Alerts Screenshot - Download here
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
TimeToTrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE TimeToTrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology® - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today to get the Live Account Features - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by TigerWit Limited. TimeToTrade is a trading name of TigerWit Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is TigerWit, 7th Floor, Augustine House, 6A Austin Friars, London, EC2N 2HA, England. TigerWit Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by TigerWit Limited are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.
Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 64% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. All clients should be aware that trading involves risk.