This is the timetotrade help wiki. Use the timetotrade Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when Price, Candle Stick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club. Create a FREE account today.
Data Protection Policy
Statement of policy
Timetotrade is a trading name of Mercor Index Ltd.
Mercor Index Ltd (“Mercor”, “the company” “we”, “us”) is fully committed to compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), which came into force on the 1st March 2000. Mercor will therefore follow procedures that aim to ensure that all employees, contractors, agents, consultants, partners or other servants of the company who have access to any personal data held by or on behalf of the company, are fully aware of and abide by their duties and responsibilities under the Act.
Mercor regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to its successful operations and to maintaining confidence between Mercor and those with whom it carries out business. Mercor will ensure that it treats personal information lawfully and correctly.
To this end Mercor fully endorses and adheres to the Principles of Data Protection as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
These principles state that personal data must be:-
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for specified and lawful purposes and not in any other way which would be incompatible with those purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and kept up to date
- not kept for longer than is necessary
- processed in line with the data subject’s rights
- kept secure
- not transferred to a country which does not have adequate data protection laws
What do we do?
Mercor Index Ltd is an online trading platform that provides charting and technical analysis alerting tools using, including but not limited to, electronic mail, instant messenger application, text messages, Java applications and such other methods as Mercor may find appropriate from time to time (the "Notification Services").
Mercor provides accountancy solutions for managing investment transactions and tax returns for securities such as stocks and options (the "Accountancy Services").
Mercor also provides portfolio management and performance reporting solutions for securities such as stocks and options (the “Portfolio Management Services”).
The Notification Services, Accountancy Services and Porfolio Management Services will be collectively referred to as the "Services". The Services are hosted on secure servers and delivered directly over the internet via the website www.timetotrade.com (the "website").
What information do we collect?
The Act provides conditions for the processing of personal data. Personal data is data that can be used to identify individuals, and includes name, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number and email address.
Mercor is required to maintain certain personal data about living individuals for the purposes of satisfying operational and legal obligations and in order to carry on its business and meet its customers’ requirements effectively.
When you register for the Mercor Services, we will collect your name, country of residence and email address. In addition, certain personal data is required for us to supply the products and services that you have requested. If you request to use the Notification Services we will collect your mobile telephone number. If you request to use the Accountancy and Portfolio Management Services we will collect your investment transaction history.
How do we use Personal Data
Personal data is required for us to supply the Services that you have requested, carry out an agreement with you or take any steps that you have requested. Examples of additional required uses of your personal data include:
- Updating you as to the status of your order
- Alerting you to important product revisions or updates to an Mercor product/service you purchased
- Ensuring that you are properly registered to receive technical support
In the event that you submit personal data by telephone, Mercor may monitor or record your call to:
- Provide evidence of your order or transaction with us
- Ensure that we comply with relevant regulatory procedures
- See that quality standards or targets are being met
- Protect the interests of national security
- Prevent or detect crime
- Investigate the unauthorised use of a telecommunications system
- Secure the effective operation of our telecommunications system
In addition to the above uses, we may also use your personal data for the following additional purposes and direct marketing ("Additional Purposes") where you have given us appropriate permission:
- To tell you about special discounts on Mercor products and services
- To advise you about new Mercor products and services
- To advise you about offers from other companies that Mercor feels may be of interest to you. (In these instances, Mercor forwards the offer to you but does not share your personal data with these other companies.)
To help us improve our products and services and develop new ones, we may also create aggregate data that uses your personal data but in a manner that will not identify you as an individual. For example, we may look at your address to help identify the total number of users of a particular product in a geographic area. Aggregate data is not personal data, as it cannot be used to identify any particular individual.
Occasionally, we may invite you to participate in a survey or provide additional personal data that will enable us to better understand and serve your needs. Any such information request is optional and gives you the freedom to decide whether to respond. Please keep in mind that all information you provide may be used to personalise and improve our customer service operations.
In addition, you should be aware that there are very limited instances under law in which we may be required to disclose the personal data of our customers. If such an instance arises, we shall only release that personal data as required by law.
What about “Cookies”?
To make a purchase through the Mercor, you must accept those cookies that supply your browser with a unique identifier, which we use to identify a previous visitor to our website and to better understand aggregate use of our website. This information enables us to know what areas of the site users prefer and how users navigate through the Web site. We also use this information to group your online behaviour with other similar types of customers to learn more about those types of products in which you have an interest.
The Mercor web sites may require users to register in order to use the online service. Registered users are given a cookie when they login, which will be maintained by their browser, and contains an identifier. This cookie authenticates the registered users' identity and permits them to access those portions of the site that are limited to registered users.
Links to External Websites:
Handling of personal data
Mercor will, through appropriate management and the use of strict criteria and controls:-
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information;
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purpose for which information is used;
- Collect and process appropriate information and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
- Ensure the quality of information used;
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards;
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom the information is held can be fully exercised under the Act.
- The right to be informed that processing is being undertaken;
- The right of access to one’s personal information within the statutory 40 days;
- The right to prevent processing in certain circumstances;
- The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information regarded as wrong information.
In addition, Mercor will ensure that:
- There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation;
- Access to customer data is restricted to authorised individuals only
- Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice;
- Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately trained to do so;
- Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately supervised;
- Anyone wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information, whether a member of staff or a member of the public, knows what to do;
- Queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with;
- Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
- Performance with handling personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated;
- Data sharing is carried out under a written agreement, setting out the scope and limits of the sharing. Any disclosure of personal data will be in compliance with approved procedures.
All Staff are fully aware of this policy and of their duties and responsibilities under the Act.
All Staff will take steps to ensure that personal data is kept secure at all times against unauthorised or unlawful loss or disclosure and in particular will ensure that:
- Paper files and other records or documents containing personal/sensitive data are kept in a secure environment;
- Personal data held on computers and computer systems is protected by the use of encryption and secure passwords, which where possible have forced changes periodically;
- Individual passwords should be such that they are not easily compromised.
Mercor has appointed a Data Protection Officer. The Data Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Mercor Data Protection Policy is implemented.
Implementation is led and monitored by the Data Protection Officer who also has overall responsibility for:
- The provision of cascade data protection training, for staff within the Mercor .
- For the development of best practice guidelines.
- For carrying out compliance checks to ensure adherence with the Data Protection Act.
At any time you may change your preferences as to the use of your personal data or receipt of marketing materials by:
- opting out when registering to use the Mercor Online System;
- unsubscribing yourself from marketing communications in the Profile section of your online account
- or making the request in writing.
Please contact us with all such communication and inquiries and we shall respond promptly.
Please be sure to include sufficient information for us to verify your identity, and locate your file (if applicable), and respond to your inquiry. You should also include your mailing address if you would like us to send you any written materials. Mercor reserves the right to take reasonable steps to verify any requests for personal data it receives.
Notification to the Information Commissioner
The Information Commissioner maintains a public register of data controllers. Mercor Index Ltd is registered as such. Our purpose for holding personal data and a general description of the categories of people and organisations to which we may disclose it are listed in the Data Protection register. You may inspect this or obtain a copy from the Information Commissioners Office.
It has never been easier to execute your trading strategy. Our Trigger Trading Technology ® means you can now automatically execute your trades directly in the world’s global markets.
You need never miss a trading opportunity again!
Do you want to:
- buy when your technical analysis chart conditions are met? Really buy, not just get an email or sms alert?
- or sell when a support trend line is broken?
- or back-test your strategy going back as far as 30 years?
Timetotrade's Trigger Trading Technology™ is truly game changing. It gives you a trading advantage. The power to take your trading to a new level.
Open a FREE timetotrade account today to:
- Trade UK, US and European Shares - apply now
- Execute trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line, Volume and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met using the Trigger Trading Technology™ - learn more - help video
- Email and SMS Trigger Trading™ Alerts - learn more
- Trade Off The Chart - learn more
- Back Test Trading Strategies with up to 30 years of historical data - learn more
- Create Simulated Trading Accounts to test your Trigger Trading™ Strategies - learn more
- Real time Forex, UK, European and US stock market data - learn more
- 170+ Technical Analysis and Candlestick Pattern Indicators - learn more
- All the tools you need to set up and run a successful investment club - learn more
- Manage your Portfolio and calculate UK HMRC Capital Gains liabilities and SA 108 CGT Tax Returns - learn more
- Create Trading Competitions for you and your friends - learn more
- Apply for a trading account today and get the Pro Package for FREE - apply now
Apply now to try our superb platform and get your trading advantage.
The information and data provided is for educational and informational purposes only. Interpretation and use of the information and data provided is at the user's own risk. All information and data on this website is obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, errors or omissions are possible due to human and/or mechanical error. All information and data is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. We make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information and data on this site and we reserve the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to change, make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the services at any times. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Trading carries a high level of risk to your capital and can result in losses that exceed your deposits. It may not be suitable for everyone so please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
All services are provided by Mercor Index Ltd. TimeToTrade is a trading name of Mercor Index Ltd (a company registered in England and Wales under number 9479466). Our Registered address is 34-36 St Georges Road, Brighton, BN2 1ED. Mercor Index Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 679941.
The trading services offered by Mercor Index Ltd are not available to residents of the United States and are not intended for the use of any person in any country where such services would be contrary to local laws or regulations. Subscriptions to TimeToTrade products are available if you are not eligible for trading services.